Oregon has very understanding laws around cannabis, so if you’re looking for different types of CBD oil, you’re in the right state. Both marijuana and hemp derivatives are legal in Oregon, and the local CBD market is thriving like crazy.
People use CBD oil to improve their daily life and manage a wide range of symptoms, from anxiety to pain, seizures, inflammation, and sleeping difficulty.
Indeed, CBD has many great benefits for our health, but the CBD industry in the United States is largely unregulated, so it may be difficult to find a reliable supplier if you don’t know a thing about CBD oils.
If this is your first purchase, this article will help you do thorough research on the best CBD oil vendors in Oregon on top of explaining the local cannabis laws.
Is CBD Oil Legal in Oregon?
Usually, the legal status of CBD depends on how it was produced, but in Oregon, the source of CBD oil shouldn’t bother you in terms of legality because both hemp and marijuana are legal in Oregon.
You can enjoy marijuana and its derivatives even if you’re a recreational user. However, there are some rules you must follow if you don’t want to cross the law. These are minor regulations, but it’s important to understand what you can and cannot do in Oregon according to the state’s regulations.
Marijuana CBD Oil vs Hemp CBD Oil
Even though all forms of CBD oil are legal in Oregon, different laws apply to hemp and marijuana.
That’s because these plants have different chemical profiles despite coming from the same plant family.
Marijuana plants usually contain a considerable amount of THC, so CBD products made from this type of cannabis can get the user high. You can’t just go to any store and ask for a marijuana-derived CBD oil because these products can only be accessed through a state-licensed dispensary.
Hemp, on the other hand, contains higher concentrations of CBD and nearly nonexistent levels of THC — 0.3% or less. Hemp-derived CBD oils cannot induce the psychoactive high unlike their marijuana counterparts. You can legally purchase them at specialty stores, vape shops, health retail outlets, and head shops. There are also hundreds of online brands selling CBD.
Let’s see how Oregon law treats both types of cannabis.
Marijuana CBD Oil in Oregon
Marijuana is legal in Oregon for both medical and recreational use, but there are some restrictions that residents of the state must abide by. You must be 21 or older to legally purchase marijuana from dispensaries. If you meet the legal requirements, you can legally possess:
- Up to an ounce of dried marijuana
- Up to an ounce of cannabis extracts or concentrates
- Up to 16 ounces of marijuana edibles
- Up to 72 ounces of marijuana-infused liquid
- Up to 10 cannabis seeds
- Up to 4 immature cannabis plants.
Possession limits on private properties are higher; Oregonians are allowed to have up to 8 ounces of marijuana in their house. If you want to buy marijuana-derived CBD oil in Oregon, you can possess up to 72 ounces of the product.
According to Oregon’s policy, individual counties and cities can decide whether or not they allow recreational marijuana sales.
Hemp CBD Oil in Oregon
CBD products made with hemp are federally legal under the 2018 Farm Bill.
The new law removed hemp from the list of controlled substances, changing its status to an agricultural commodity.
Hemp can be grown and sold for commercial uses, just like any other crop, including paper, food, clothing, building materials, and supplements such as CBD.
You don’t need a prescription to buy hemp-derived CBD oil in Oregon. CBD products are widely available over the counter in local vape stores, head shops, wellness centers, and specialty stores.
However, before we elaborate on the best places to buy CBD oil in Oregon, let’s talk about the quality of CBD and how to weed out shady manufacturers.
Can Doctors Prescribe CBD Oil in Oregon?
Oregon has a well-designed medical marijuana program, under which patients may legally possess up to 6 marijuana plants, 50 seeds, and 24 ounces of dried marijuana.
If you want to apply for a medical marijuana card, you’ll need to be diagnosed with one of the qualifying conditions and receive a recommendation from a doctor for marijuana.
You must also prove that the doctor is your primary healthcare provider and you have an ongoing relationship with them.
Eligible medical marijuana health conditions include:
- Degenerative neurological conditions
- Persistent muscle spasms
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Severe pain
- Severe nausea
How does hemp-derived CBD oil fit into the cannabis laws in Oregon?
Where to Buy CBD Oil in Oregon?
There are two options for getting quality CBD oil in Oregon. You can purchase it somewhere near you or order the product online. If you live in a big city and know a trusted head shop or dispensary, shopping for CBD oil locally is without a doubt convenient.
However, if you don’t have any good retailers near you, or simply don’t have time to bounce between dispensaries, buying CBD online may be your best bet.
Benefits of Buying CBD Online
Buying CBD oil online boils down to finding a reliable supplier that can provide different forms of CBD that meet the generally agreed quality standards and can prove them with third-party lab reports.
Online stores give you access to a broader range of products, including tinctures, capsules, edibles, topicals, vape liquid, and even products for pets. Finding all these formats in one local store is close to impossible due to their limited shelf space.
Moreover, it’s easier to research your potential supplier. You can ask for the lab reports, read the company’s website, check user reviews, and reach out to other customers on social media groups and forums for advice.
But most importantly, products found online are usually less expensive than what you’ll find in-store. That’s because online stores can cut out the middleman and offer regular discounts, special coupon codes, and reward programs for returning customers.
Full Spectrum CBD Oil 1000mg
$149$129 — or subscribe and save 15%
Broad Spectrum CBD Gummies 25mg
$99$79 — or subscribe and save 15%
CBD Capsules 25mg (Softgels)
$99$84 — or subscribe and save 15%
For example, at Royal CBD, we have the Royalty Program, where you can collect crowns and spend them on your next order to save more money on your favorite products or try something new for less.
Long story short, buying CBD oil online saves you time and money.
Local CBD Retailers in Oregon
Oregon is abundant in stores carrying CBD products, so if you feel the need to touch your CBD oil and ask the staff to point you in the right direction, here’s a shortlist of reputable local suppliers in Oregon:
CBD Stores in Portland
- Oregon Weedery
CBD Stores in Salem
- Ancient Remedies
- Cherry City Compassion Marijuana Dispensary
- Diem Cannabis Dispensary & Marijuana Delivery
CBD Stores in Eugene
- The Greener Side
- Nectar – Eugene River Road
- TJ’s Provisions
CBD Stores in Bend
- Substance Cannabis Market
The above places should hire knowledgeable and helpful staff that should be able to answer your questions about CBD. If you don’t see your city on our list, make sure to look for a reliable supplier online.
How to Find Quality CBD Oil in Oregon?
The skyrocketing popularity of CBD across the world has created room for many companies that like to prey on uneducated customers, selling mislabeled products. Some of them contain little to no CBD; others are contaminated with pesticides, solvents, and heavy metals.
Of course, there’s an equal number of companies producing high-quality stuff that can greatly improve your daily life.
Here’s how to ensure that you always get the right product from a trustworthy supplier:
- Only buy from companies that send their products to outside labs for content analysis. Third-party laboratories can tell you if the product contains the advertised amount of CBD; they also look for potential contaminants, such as the aforementioned heavy metals, solvents, and pesticides. If a company can’t provide lab reports from the analysis, it’s a company to avoid.
- Choose full-spectrum CBD over isolate-based oils. Full-spectrum means that the product was made using the whole plant. This process captures other beneficial compounds, such as minor cannabinoids, terpenes, and flavonoids. These compounds help the body process CBD more efficiently, enhancing its therapeutic effects. Scientists refer to this phenomenon as “the entourage effect.” If you’re not tested regularly for THC at work, full-spectrum CBD is a better option.
- Look for CO2-extracted products. CO2 extraction doesn’t require additional heat or solvents, which makes it the safest and most efficient method of making CBD oils. The CO2 extraction technology allows the manufacturer to achieve consistent potency in each batch of the product without the risk of leaving behind toxic solvent residue or causing an explosion. The equipment required for CO2 extraction is very expensive, so it’s a sign that the company invests in the quality.
- Organic hemp is the best source of CBD. Hemp plants are bioaccumulators, meaning they absorb every substance from the environment they grow in. The best CBD oils in Oregon are made from organic hemp cultivated on local farms. When grown in fertile soil and without using dangerous chemicals, these plants will yield clean CBD-rich flowers, which is the perfect source for further extraction.
- Avoid companies making outrageous claims about CBD. CBD is not a miracle drug; it’s a highly versatile tool that helps people improve their quality of life, but it’s not going to cure cancer. If you see a company claiming their oil does such things, it’s an instant red flag.
At Royal CBD, we make our products using organic hemp from Colorado. The Royal CBD line is extracted with supercritical CO2 to ensure consistent potency and the highest purity of our extracts. We rigorously test each batch in a third-party laboratory; you can rest assured that what you buy is as potent as advertised and doesn’t contain any dangerous additives. If you want a risk-free way to try out our products, we offer a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Key Takeaways on Buying CBD Oil in Oregon
If you live in Oregon, you’re in one of the best places to enjoy cannabis in all forms. The state has legalized both medical and recreational use of marijuana and has a fast-growing CBD market with lots of new stores popping up in the streets every month.
If you want to benefit from cannabis but without the psychoactive buzz associated with using marijuana, you can look for hemp-derived CBD oils somewhere near you or place your order online; the latter option offers better deals on quality CBD as well as a broader selection of products.
Regardless of how you prefer to shop for CBD oil in Oregon, make sure to always do your research on any company before you trust them with your hard-earned money. Being an educated customer will help you protect yourself from sketchy retailers preying on the lack of regulations in the industry.
Good luck buying your first bottle of CBD oil!